Thursday, March 22, 2007

The cool breeze and feelings of weightlessness

Nothing makes life better and brighter like a fresh spring night much like last night. I left my house at 12:30 and rode my bike to a park that I find to be quiet and peaceful. I parked my bike up against a bench and then took a seat and I fixed my eyes on the clear night sky, dotted with stars that where burning in the distance.

Staring up at the sky I settled into a state of mediation in which I could feel myself become lighter. I simply stared in amazement at the little burning balls of gas thousands of miles away. As the cool spring breeze flowed across my body like a wave of soothing water, I felt it take away grey; the feelings of depression, confusion and sadness that haunt me during the winter months. I was put into a state in which I was truly weightless and at peace with myself.

It is times like this and nights like this that I can do something that many people fail to do, something many people are discouraged form doing. I was able to be 100% honest with God and myself. I softly spoke my mind and allowed time for my words to sink in. Lately I have felt like I have been discovering pieces to a giant puzzle, but none of them have been connecting. It seams like I am receiving pieces to a completely different puzzle altogether. Sitting in this state of true chill I was able to discover a piece that is helping me connect some of the pieces, and inevitably creating something beautiful.
I am coming into a state in which I can see my life not as an accident, not as a mistake, not as rebellion, not as dirty or wrong, but as purposeful and beautiful. I am learning that my thoughts and my ideas aren’t “wrong,” but are actually pieces of a puzzle that makes a different picture than what I have been tricked into seeing. The next leg of my journey that I am about to face doesn’t scare me it excites me. I am privileged to share my new viewpoint of life and God to others, hopefully allowing them to also feel beautiful and purposeful.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home