Sunday, March 25, 2007

Pressures

Life is introducing a whole new set of pressures towards the end of this school year. I can not explain the types of feelings that I am having, nor why they are happening. I can’t really put words to it it’s a mixture of fear, excitement, and re-birth.
I am afraid because I am very far behind and lack any form of motivation to catch up. All of my thoughts are far from the classroom, and the computer lab. The only thing I can think about is life and what it is going to be like to finally be able to live it. For years I have been jumping through academic hoops in order to get a little piece of paper that says I am trained. I guess I am also afraid that I may just be trading academic hoops for full-time employment hoops. I know that my little piece of paper that says I’m trained really doesn’t mean anything in the scope of what I have yet to learn.
The pressures that I am feeling are also a part of the re-birth that I am going through. Lately I feel that I have been stepping out and truly claming my identity beyond what I look like, or what I do, but by who I am. It is a process of letting my pride down to do things that I want, because I want to and not because others deem it necessary. I do things because it me and not because it defines me!

Bring it world. I’m ready!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home