Friday, December 08, 2006

Social Justice

Here is my beef with social justice....

Don't get me wrong when i say that i have beef with social justice. I am trying to care what is going on in the world, and i am looking for my part in it. The thing that gets me saying "wait a minute" is the way that "all knowing" college studetns go about it. I am sick of the arrogance that goes behind backing a cause that they belive in. Their caus ebecomes the only casue and everyone else is serving the wrong cause. They get so consumed in what they are doing that they become social justice know-it-alls! Everything becomes social justice, and they turn into these mini-hippies, who hold there hippines over everyone. The thing that anoyes me the most is that they will tell me that I need to stop shopping so much "did you know that the money you spent on that scarfe could feed a family of four for three years?" It goes back to when paul talkes about examining the plank your eye before pointing out the speck in someone elses eye. My scarf might have cost 15 bucks, but the i-pod your holding as you scold me is worth way more, or the money that you spend on your instruments, shows, starbucks coffe, and even all your good will crap (even though some does go to hoomeless, you can justifie it however you want), however intell you are giving 100% of your income to social justice don't tell me how to spend my money. I heard someone in the library today say "i would rather give my tith to a town in africa where they can have water, than give it to a church for a new sound board." What an argogant, shity way to look at things! Im sick of people thinking that they know it all, and im sick of their judgments of church. Why don't they join a chuch, show the church the need and partner with the church. Im sure a lot more people in africa could have water if you chanelled efforts through the church..wow i can't belive im even saying this. bottom line, i used to hate church, however now i can see that the strength in numbers can be good...so Mr. know-it-all college studens, TAKE YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASS'S!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i'd leave a longer response if i felt like you'd actually listen to it, but then, i don't want to be yelled at do I...? But i was just thinking, maybe you feel so upset about the phrase "social justice" because you're actually feeling a little conviction about the injustices that you--yourself--are making. I only say this knowing that we are all guilty of injustice in this country, you should know that now that you've been to Cambodia. Best of luck in figuring out how best to channel your support to those who don;t need candy, but blankets and clean water. And read this book "The Irresistable Revolution" by Shane Claiborne to learn how you can do these things here in America, or anywhere for that matter. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. and by doing do, it will change others as well. Love you in Christ. BE BLESSED.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home