Tuesday, May 23, 2006

split

today i watched the movie the wedding crashers. It was funny and uncomfortable. I am not a good lier, therfore i was nervouse for htem the whole time. Nothign anoys me more than someone who is living a lie. This is the reason why i don't like college becasue i feel that they are all living a lie.

But if i dislike it so much, than why do i do it every day!......

Why do i hold back who i am in different sircumstances, so that i will fit in, or not make certain people angry!

I heard a quote today that came from a very different source. It wnet like this.."i needed to quit looking for the perfect women, and i needed to become the man i am supposed to be" Roughly translated. It came from Johnathan, who is a hair styalist on the bravo channel.

His words where deep and full of meaning. When he said it i perked up and something inside me completely jived with what he was saying. It wasn't new for me, however it was in my gut, and it has been something ive been tryign to do for a while. I simply need to become the man i need to be.

I mean this in much more than simlpy dating or girl stuff, but with life. I have to look fear straight in the eyes and tell it to bother the weak, becasue i am strong. I never have been the kind of person to be afriad, or to look at a porblem and think "its too big" ive always live my live pushing the boundries and the status quo.

As i look at the church for some reason something inside me has givin up. instead of looking at it as a problem that i can indeed fix, i keep getting agry at those who are in it. Its time that someone stops being angry, and starts making changes for the better. I want to see actual screwed up people back in church, i want to see those who are at the bars, and those who are in the malls, and those who are on the streets, those are the people who i want to see reached, not the rich and bored, but the broken and hurting. I want to see a church that is actually filled with normal people.

It is time that i once again stand up and become the man that i need to be, and quit worring about what others say i should be.

willis

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM , Blogger Deur said...

good thoughts on being the change Willis.

I always come back to the "i am the church" truth... so when we get angry at "church" we just throw on "i am the church" at the end of our frustration filled sentences...

For example:
Church is filled with fake people... "I am the church."
The Church doesn't meet real people's real needs... "I am the church."
The Church is full of self righteous people... "I am the church."

It keeps me humble and I think goes along with your thoughts... Anyways - good seeing you around again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home