Thursday, April 06, 2006

Real, True, Life to the Full

Today i was running..well slow jogging and i was sort of talking to-yelling at- slash bargening with God. I was just thining about how so many christians appear to have such a fake sence of and realtionship with God. And I realized that this is the form of christianity i used to have, and i feel that this is mostly due to people blindly fallowing God because there told we have to.

I am finaly understanding what it means to be in realtionship with God, a real relationship with God that is not about going to heaven. This is definatly not new to mostly everyone, this is somethign everyone always talks about. However i could intelectualyl rap my mind around it, and i know what that should look like, well i think i do. However I am findign that through yelling at God, and getting extreamly real with him, that i have actually been starting to get to a place where i might figure some things out. I am discoverign that this real relationship here, now, is much richer than the hopes of a relationship in the future, in some other place. For so long I have been on a search for goodness, and holieness, however i have been searchign in the wrong place. I can't just think then belive and thats that, i must become thirsty, i need to want it so bad that i will do anything to get it. Im not sure i have that yet, but i want it, more than anything on earth.

Im simply tryign to go from a place of being lost in rules and regulations to being lost in a love that will heal the pain i feal every day, and i want to share that love with those around me. That is life to the full.

mike

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Blogger Daughter of the Most High King said...

Well, I don't believe we've ever met, though I was just at Watermark a week and a half ago so we may have, but I was reading a comment you wrote on Nate's blog about "The Secret Message of Jesus". First of all, yeah, it's as good as he makes it sound. (And I'm only half way through) and second. I really liked this post. I can completely identify what you were saying. The more real you are with God, the more of a relationship it becomes. He's pretty amazing.

In His Hands,

Melissa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home