Sunday, April 09, 2006

two points

Yesterday i watched an amazing movie called the never ending story. in the movie a kid reads a story about fantasia, which is being consumed by the great nothing. the great nothing was actually nothing, the world fantasia, which is human fantasys and dreams, was disapering and becomeing nothing. It was a good movie and it reminded me of life.

In life we live between two points, one our birth, and the next our passing. Between these two points we try to leave our mark, but many pass and simply leave nothing. many live and die and no one will every speak of their name again, they are nothing more than a grave stone in some semetary.

durign my run today i was thinking how meaninless life seams to be. In between these two points we have two major paradigm shifts, in the bigining of life we look to the future, ie. "I can't wait to get into high school, or i can't wait to get married or get a job" then during many people mid life we start to look back and look to how things where, "i wish i could be bak in school, i wish i could play on a team, or party with my buds again."

I also saw an older cuple driving on my run and it mad me very sad. I just though, somday that will be me, i can't stop the aging process. All my dreams and problems and all that life has to offer will be done, and soon i will be old. I fear this stage of my life, the stage in which i look back and think about how good everything was, becasue im here now, and its not all that good.

I hear from many that i need to quit living in the moment, and that i need to plan for the future, but i would hate to live the future without a moment to look back on!

mike

2 Comments:

At 5:02 AM , Blogger Wally Harrison said...

That's an old school movie, but very good. Nicely done Willis, nicely done.

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger C-Man said...

Love that movie. i may rent it this weekend. Was that a book too?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home